All About San Francisco!
San Francisco, located in California, is a hilly city which is surrounded by San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean. It’s famous for the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, year-round fog, colorful Victorian houses, and the cable cars. The Transamerica Pyramid in the Financial District is the most outstanding skyscraper. There is also Alcatraz Island, where the notorious former prison was.
San Francisco has so much to offer in the areas of entertainment, art, and many sporting events. San Francisco is home to an opera company that is internationally acclaimed, ballet and symphony. It hosts great museums, and there are nightclubs that will definitely meet any taste in your favorite music. Anyone who visits San Francisco should never miss an opportunity to view the Giants baseball team playing at the great AT&T Park Stadium. Additionally, you cannot go hungry with the many restaurants in the area, and it also reflects the ethnic diversity that is so vast in the Bay Area.
Here are some can’t-miss places to visit while you are in San Francisco:
- Golden Gate Bridge – Opened in 1937, the bridge is so iconic that the American Society of Civil Engineers have named it a “Wonder of the Modern World”. It is San Francisco’s landmark which is most recognized.
- Cable Cars Rides – Cable cars are very iconic to San Francisco to an extent of being designated as the historic landmarks of San Francisco that move.
- Bay’s Aquarium – This opened in 1996, and is home to jellies, sharks, and other kinds of marine life.
- Blue & Gold Fleet Bay – Here you will get the best panoramic Bay view as you enjoy a narrated tour in a one-hour Cruise.
- Exploratorium- This is just more than a museum, and is an experience that people of all age groups can enjoy.
So grab your coat and a handful of glitter. Enter the great land of fabulousness and fog. It’s an unforgettable city to experience!